43% of Cloud Databases are currently not encrypted.
64% fail to enable logging for their data storage.
47% do not use tracing functionalities.
Data Encryption in the Cloud is the conversion of readable data into an encoded format so that it can only read after it is been decrypted. Conceptually, those who are unauthorized users or systems they do not possess any encryption key and therefore do not have access to the sensitive data or information. There are various benefits to data encryption as it helps in safeguarding and protection of the data.
* In Transit – This is when the data is being transferred from one location to another.
* At Rest – This is when the data is saved somewhere and is not being used.
* In Use – This is when the data is being updated or viewed.
*Protection of Sensitive Data– It enables privacy and helps in protecting the critical documents from unauthorized access.
*Protection at all times – It protects data in motion, at rest, and in use as data is more prone to threats when in transfer.
*Follows regulations – It is a part of compliance and follows standards and regulations, therefore, gives user the confidence that their backup is safe and secure.
*Maintains Integrity – Data theft is a common problem but strict encryption protects your documents from alterations and the user is able to see if the data has been tampered or not.
*Provides protection on Multiple-Devices -Encryption software ensures security across all devices. Encrypts data with the same level of protection and keeps your information away from a potential theft.
* 3 Level Encryption – In Transit, At Rest, and In Use.
* 256-bit key – Modern encryption algorithm with 256-bit key to encrypt and decrypt data.
* Both SSL/TSL Protocol– SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol helps in keeping a connection secure between two systems while transferring data that prevents hackers from reading it. TSL (Transport Layer Security) is a more secure and advanced version of SSL.
* 2FA – Two Factor Authentication – Extra added layer of security as the user needs to provide 2 different authentication factors for verification.
So if you are looking for a solution for your security-related concerns then register on DCirrus and check out the features.