(Estimate Time to read :- 5 Min 34 sec with 1114 words)
Healthcare sectors – THEN and NOW
Healthcare industries or the medical industries are the topic of every conversation now, especially after the pandemic hit the world. This industry nevertheless has not only come a long way in how it delivers its services but also the way it operates. From the queues that people had to wait in just to get attended by the doctor ; to the various applications introduced to know not only the results of your tests but also get prescriptions by certified doctors. Moreover what has changed is the way the massive documents of this sectors is stored- from cabinets and rooms to folders and VDRs.
But, with the evolution of technology and the legislations , what has become important is to ensure the safety of the sensitive information they Store.
Data security: A Matter Of Concern
The advancement of technology and the introduction of digitalization has proved to be a harbinger for the paradigm of work and living. But, the easier it become for the patients , the swifter , the process becomes for the hackers.
The healthcare industries dominate one of the world’s largest databases and include the personal and sensitive information of not only the patients , their staff, doctors , retailers, faculties etc. These information are actually considered to be more useful than the financial information of a person. Things like credit cards, bank accounts can be easily blocked but what remains unchanged is the private information of a person like his name, his address, his health related details etc and these can be easily misused by any person . Hence , the safety and the confidentiality is now a matter of concern for not only the small and medium scale sectors but also the huge companies.
March 2021 alone recorded the highest numbers of data breach in healthcare sectors according to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability) , US. The data infringement was of tons of sensitive information and affected millions of individuals. As per the reports there as an increase of 200% from the month of February.
• 30% of the infringement incidents are from the hospitals.
• since 2009, The US has reported more than 2100 cases of data breach.
• 6% of the pediatric hospitals have reported such cases
• healthcare and finance are the most targeted sectors by the hackers
• the infamous Anthem Breach affected nearly 78.8 million patients.
Amidst the wave of pandemic , the frontline workers at the hospitals were not only trying to protect the lives of the patients; but also the ever growing database that could have an impact on millions of people.
A Switch To Cloud Computing
An industry that has usually lagged behind its contemparies, is now leading on technological adoption as it progresses over cloud computing. As a result of a survey, more than 35% of the organisations held over 50% of their data on cloud.
The major reasons towards this shift are the fluctuations in the demand and supply affecting the stability but also, increasing cost – effectiveness and building a self sufficient health eco system.
Benefits that cloud computing can provide to the healthcare sectors are
• Accessibility cloud storage provides you easier and quicker access to the patient’s data important for faster diagnosis , treatment. It keeps the data organised that also allows easy retrieval for better coordination.
• Security With cloud storage , there is a secured access to the files and the privileged information. Data irrelevant to the medical staff like the billing details or the financial data can be kept hidden from them.
• Easier collaboration Data stored in cloud gets updated in real time. This means that the physicians and the other doctors can have the latest updated information about the patient. This would help in developing a better understanding and collaboration on the viable treatment options.
• Automatic Backup Cloud provides the feature of automatic data backup . This gives the data holders a safety net at times of system failure along with a smoother process of data restoration.
• Transparency cloud provides transparency that not only ensures trust if the stakeholders but also permits them to share the information more freely.
• Flexibility Ever since it has been introduced , cloud computing and it’s related technologies have proved to be easily adaptable to the changes.
The cases of data infringement not only puts a question mark at the security of the health infrastructure but also puts the patient’s at risk. This also makes them eventually lose the trust of their customers/ patients and stakeholders.
Cloud computing has a dual fold advantage – both to the customers and the providers.
Advantages to the Businesses
• low operational cost
• accessible data for better services
• improved scrutiny
• facilitates streamlined database work
Advantages to the Patient’s
• Better services
• facilitates instantaneous delivery of services by providing the customers their own healthcare data
• Better prices due to reduced operational cost of the industries.
Healthcare and cloud is yet an untapped combination which surely has the potential to revolutionize the paradigm of the industry. There are several companies providing the cloud services like Dcirrus.
Document Management System (DMS) And Healthcare
According to a report, 25% of the expenditure of hospitals in the US is spent on administrative cost of the clinics and hospitals. The major portion of this expense is due to heavy amount of paperwork that theses sectors do which include record keeping , billing etc . Every visit of a patient adds to this volume and the compulsion to maintain a record of 10 years adds to the problem. Hence, digitalising records and maintaining a DMS becomes a necessity.
A document management system is used to track, retrieve, and store the data. It helps in saving money, gives better security , allows faster processing of data , better accuracy and adds value to customer’s experience
Why Choose DCIRRUS?
Dcirrus is a one stop platform for all your problems related to cloud computing ,DMS and VDR (Virtual Digital Rooms)
• Confidentiality With 256 bit and 2 factor authentication, confidentiality at Dcirrus is never compromised
• Data encryption facility of data encryption at three stages ; in transit, in use and at rest , the data security is always a priority.
• Unlimited Storage with unlimited storage of data, Dcirrus is the best option for database management
• Cost-Effective customise plans available for each scale and nature of industries.
• User Activity Monitoring Activity log to stop malicious activities before they compromise security.
With 24*7 Customer Service and all the above mentioned features at a nominal price ,we at Dcirrus are always there to help.